Wednesday, March 19, 2008

it's on



the gauntlet has been thrown down. these pictures are not from my session. goodness knows im not lucky enough to actually be recording anything now. nope, im stuck in mixville, and this town is dull and lonely.

the above pictures are courtesy of my good friend and fellow engineer/pessimist michael greene.

apparently, mike was envious of my X-TREME PIANO MIKING* and decided to get all up in my grill and challenge me to a good old fashioned MIC-OFF**. In addition to the 7 mics you see there, 5 on stands, 2 on the little black bar across the piano, Michael had 2 rooms mics up. That bests my latest X-TREME session by 2 mics.*** This is unacceptable.

So today I am introducing the latest in a long line of JuniorAudio innovations. Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce - XX-TREME PIANO MIKING!!!****!!! (the first 3 exclamation marks are actually part of the name!! that is even X-TREME PUNCTUATION*****!!!)
XX-TREME PIANO MIKING!!! is just what the Greeks imagined when they envisioned our modern day of studio recording. THAT'S RIGHT! 20 MICS!!!!!

yep, the next lucky piano player that records with me will be mic'd up with no less than 20 mics, mark my words.

you're goin down greene, and i'm sendin bestor down with you.

j.a. out



*trademark junioraudio industries 2008. all rights reserved
**trademark mjuniorgreenaudio industries 2008. some rights reserved, others available.
***did I happen to mention that the piano in the picture was mic'd for a one Mr, Kurt Bestor????
****trademark xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx industries 200x. all rights extreme.
*****trademark junioraudio publishers 2008. alright.
******not yet trademarked.

2 comments:

Dustin Christensen said...

oh please let it be me

Zack said...

if you ever get tired of the music industry you should consider marketing, we love coming up with names like that!