Saturday, February 23, 2008

should you aspire to my occupation...

If you do what I do, you will work long hours

If you do what I do, you will be feel lucky to be able to continue making music all day, while your friends have to answer to their boss and deal with TPS reports.

If you do what I do, you will sit. A lot.

If you do what I do, guitars and amplifiers will be a tax write-off.

If you do what I do, you will rarely be outdoors.

If you do what I do, you will always crave new equipment, sure that it will be the key to great sonic improvements and the doorway to huge success.

If you do what I do, you will feel proud to be able to help people realize a dream.

If you do what I do, you will rarely be out during normal business hours, and as such, you will find yourself longing for the opportunity to go to such stupid places as comp usa and the mall.

If you do what I do, you will need an incredibly supportive, independent wife who is willing to put up with the weird schedule and won't be too mad when "I'll be home at 7pm turns into, "I'll be by 7am."

If you do what I do, you will be lucky to do a job you love, even when some of the time you hate it.

If you do what I do you, most of the time you will realize you aren't nearly as good as your peers, but every once in a while you will find that you are.

If you do what I do, you will not be paid as well as the arrogant, baseball hat wearing, enormous lifted truck driving, alarm system selling 23 year olds that work in the same building as you do.
(they will also look at you as if you are not nearly cool enough to be in their presence)

If you do what I do, you will ache to have the time to have your car washed. It will achieve a new level of dirty not seen before in the county in which you live. The dirt will actually add size to the car. In fact, you will be so desperate to just have the 30 minutes to have your car washed that not only will you pay to have it washed, but you will pay to have it WAXED as rain and snow are literally falling blocks away.


1 comment:

Ie Li said...

You do what you do so well, Scott. And you do have a very awesome wife. By the way, thanks for the hot cocoa. LOVE it!